Mexican Plate consists of Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, Creamy Mixed Mushrooms and Kale, chopped Avocado and Tomato. I know it’s a lot to cook at once although each one of them is easy to make.
Last night’s dinner was Mexican Plate above. Then I added firm tofu to the left over Mixed Mushrooms and Kale, created Tofu Scramble Wrap. I added curry powder, salt and black pepper.
Creamy Mixed Mushrooms and Kale
Ingredients: 1 lb mushrooms (one or all of shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, crimini mushrooms, portobello mushrooms), 2 cups thinly sliced kale, 1 T nutritious yeast, 1 T tamari or soy sauce, salt and pepper, olive oil, 2 cloves garlic
- Splash olive oil on a frying pan. Sautée garlic and thinly sliced mushrooms until soft.
- Mix sliced kale in. let it welt.
- Season with nutritious yeast, tamari, salt and pepper.
Tofu Scramble Wrap
Ingredients: 1/2 or 1/3 of above left over, 1 firm tofu, 1 T curry powder, salt and pepper, 2 flat bread to wrap
- Drain tofu and wrap it with a paper towel. Let it sit on a slanted cutting board for over 1 hour.
- Heat a medium sauce pan. Cramble tofu into small pieces by hand. Throw tofu pieces in the pan.
- Add the mushroom kale left over in. Mix with a spatula or a spoon.
- When it is warmed up and some water is evaporated from the tofu, turn the heat off.
- Warm the flat bread in a toaster oven or over a pan for 30 seconds. Wrap the mixture. Eat.