I made awesome dinner and nobody else is home! I ate it all by myself. Where is everybody?
ingredients: 1 bunch kale, 1 lemon, 1 ripe avocado, 1 small carrot, 1 tomato or a box of grape tomatoes, wasabi chickpeas (optional), salt and pepper
1. Wash kale. Rip leaves out of the stems. Put them in a big bowl. Add lemon juice and generous pinch of salt. Massage kale with fingers for a few minutes.
2. Peel and pit avocado. Break it with fingers, and mix it into kale.
3. Shred carrot. Cut tomato into small cubes or half grape tomatoes.
4. Add carrot and tomato in the kale bowl.
5.Sprinkle wasabi chickpeas over the salad. Serve.
Ingredients: 1.5 lb eggplant, 3 Tbsp vegetable oil, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp garlic (minced), 1 Tbsp ginger (minced), 1 Tbsp sake or dry sherry, 1tsp corn starch or arrow root powder, 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, 1 small green hot pepper (minced), 1 bunch scallion (chopped small)
1. Cube eggplant at 1″.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan. Cook eggplant until they become brown and soft.
3. Mix corn starch or arrow root power into the broth. Set it aside.
4. Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl. Pour it in the eggplant pan. Cook for 1 minute. Keep stirring.
5. Pour broth+starch into the pan. Cook at low heat for 1 minute until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
6. Serve with pita or rice.