PB chocolate chip Cookies
Half the batch disappeared into M’s month before they made into this cookie jar. These are M’s favorite cookies I made so far. Very peanut buttery cookies.
1 cup raw almonds (ground to meal)
1 cup GF flour mix
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs raw brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup Earth Balance
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp flax seeds (ground)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2~4 Tbsp nut milk
- Soak ground flax seeds with 4 Tbsp water. Set it aside.
- In a big bowl, cream peanut butter and Earth Balance with a spatula.
- Add flax egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix ground almonds, GF flour mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a big bowl. Add this flour mixture into the wet bowl. Do this by 1/3 at a time. If the dough seems too dry, add some nut milk between adding flour mix.
- Ball the dough in 1″ balls. Flatten them by your hand on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 18 minutes until they become slightly brown.
*These cookies come out very soft from the oven. They will harden with time. Cool them on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before moving them.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
I asked M which one of following three sweets I should make: Lemon Date Ball, Almond Cookies, or Chocolate Chip Cookies. “Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!” was his answer.
Ingredients: 2 cups gluten free flour (I mixed millet flour, sorghum flour, brown rice flour, and little bit of arrowroot flour), 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup earth balance , 1/4 cup sunflower oil, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 4 oz apple sauce, 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds, 3 Tbsp nut milk, 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Soak ground flax seeds in 3 Tbsp nut milk. Set it aside.
- Melt earth balance in a cup in a toaster oven.
- In a big bowl, mix earth balance, sunflower oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and soaked flax seeds.
- Add chopped walnuts and chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl. Mix.
- Add rolled oats to the bowl. Mix.
- By using a table spoon, drop the batter onto baking sheets.
- With wet hands, fix the shape of the cookies and flatten them.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 15 minutes. Cool them on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then move them to a rack to cool even more. Enjoy!
Breakfast: Coffee, Purple Shake
Lunch from Sun Rise Mart: Ume Brown Rice Ball, Kombu Brown RIce Ball, Spinach Namuru—Surprisingly I didn’t have a much appetite today. I couldn’t finish what I bought.
Dinner: Quinoa Salad, Roasted Beets, Left-over Sun Dried Tomato Pasta—yum! Roasted beets are candies. I finished the whole plate easilyl. Back to normal.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies: M helped me to bake them. They are vegan and 50 % less wheat and chocolatey. Next time, I will try NG.
Rice Balls and Spinach
Quinoa Salad, Roasted Beets, Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies