Ingredients: 4 bell peppers (any color), 3 carrots (grated), 1 onion (minced), 2-3 cloves garlic (minced), 1 and 1/2 cups cooked wild rice or quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked), 1 cup cooked beans (navy beans, black beans, edamame, or corns: edamame and corns do not need to be cooked), 1 t dried oregano, 1 t dried thyme, 1 t dried basil, 1 t smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, or 1 t chipotle sauce, salt and black pepper, olive oil, 3 T ketchup ( I make my own with tomato paste and freeze it) or 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Cook beans. Cook wild rice or quinoa.
- Cut bell peppers in half. Remove stems and seeds.
- Sautée minced onion, garlic, and grated carrots with splash of olive oil in a frying pan for 5 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Add dried herbs, black pepper, cayenne and salt to taste.
- Add cooked beans and grains, and mix. Adjust the seasonings.
- Stuff halved bell peppers with the stuffing.
- Lay them on a baking pan, face up. Fill 1/4″ water in the pan. Cover with a foil.
Bake at 360º for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes.