Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale
I accidentally took this recipe down. So here it is once again fabulous roasted butternut squash recipe. For a vegan Thanksgiving, this is a must dish.
1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds after peeled)
3 cups chopped kale (packed)
2-3 cloves garlic
a handful of parsley
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw walnuts or pecans
1 Tbsp nutritious yeast
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2~3 Tbsp olive oil
- Peel butternut squash. Halve it. Seed it. Chop it in inch cubes. Mince garlic. Mince parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 375 ºF.
- Put butternut squash, garlic, and parsley in a deep large enough pan or baking sheet. Sprinkle olive oil over, and toss with your hands. Cover loosely with foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes until butternut squash is almost done. Test with a folk.
- In a small bowl, mix roughly chopped nuts, nutritious yeast, and salt and pepper. Chop kale.
- Uncover the butternut squash. Pour chopped kale and nuts mixture over. Mix well with a spatula.
- Roast at 350 ºF for another 10 minutes or so until kale is welted.
Breakfast: Coffee, My Muesli with Banana
Lunch: Roasted Acorn Squash with Kale and Carrots, Sauteed Kale and Petite Tomatoes—a left over lunch.
Dinner: Cold Soba Noodles with Dipping Sauce, Miso Soup, Sweet Brown Rice, Avocado Sashimi, Soy Beans—a left over dinner. M joked, “Have you got enough food?” I’m certainly full.
Roasted Squash and Sauteed Kale
Brunch: Coffee, Green Goddess Shake, Miso Soup with Mochi and Spinach, Simmered Black Beans, Mandarin Oranges—I tried to incorporate a traditional Japanese New Year’s Day’s feast by only 2 dishes. Mochi is usually in a clear broth instead of miso. If I was at my mother’s house, I make Kinton (Mushed Sweet Potato mixed with Chestnuts, extremely sweet) because it is a time consuming dish to make and my favorite. I like this black beans a lot, too. They are cooked with soy sauce and sugar, but not extremely sweet.
Snack at House of Crepes: Pear Cinnamon Crepe, Earl Grey Tea—a simple sweet and tea. The closest thing I could find here to a scone/biscuit and tea in England.
Dinner: Cold Soba Noodles with Dipping Sauce, Roasted Acorn Squash, Kale and Carrots with Nutty Sprinkles
New Year’s Day Breakfast
Soba Noodles and Roasted Squash
Breakfast: Coffee, Green Goddess Shake
Lunch: Roasted Vegetables (Green Beans, Carrots, Potatoes), Toast, Tomato—flet like roasted vegetables. A taste of fall.
Dinner by Scott: Vegan Quinoa Sushi Rolls!—pretty and yummy. Who would thought?
Snack: Tea, Corn Bread
Quinoa Sushi Rolls
Cornbread and Peppermint Tea