On a rainy day like today, a piece of chocolate cake puts a smile on your face. It’s moist, fluffy and chocolatey.
Ingredients: 1 cup raw almonds, 1 cup rice flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 4 Tbsp earth balance, 1 Tbsp flax seeds (ground), 4 oz apple sauce, 1/2 cup almond milk or soy milk, 2 squares of dark chocolate bar, 12 walnuts to garnish
- Ground almonds in a coffee grinder or a blender until they become meal.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Mix flax seeds with 3 T soy or almond milk. Set it aside.
- Put earth balance and dark chocolate squares in a heat proof cup, and melt it in a toaster oven.
- Mix remaining milk, vanilla, flax egg, melted earth balance-chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry bowl. Mix well enough.
- Pour into a prepared baking pan. Place walnuts on top to garnish. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Let it cool to touch before cut, otherwise it will cramble like my piece.