I wanted to make this wild rice salad, and that was why I cooked wild rice a couple of days ago. Finally I could get to it. You have to cook a few things separately, but yes, it was worthy it.
Serves 2 as main course or 4 as side dish
Ingredients: 1/2 cup un-cooked wild rice (1 1/3 cups cooked), 1/2 bunch kale, 3-4 green scallions, 14 oz firm tofu, 1 carrot, 1 bell pepper (any color), 2 cups bean sprout (optional), 1″ fresh ginger, 1/2 cup orange juice, 2 Tbsp sweet white miso, 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp hot sesame oil or a pinch of cayenne, salt and pepper, 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cook wild rice. Let it cool.
- Drain tofu on a slanted plate for at least 15 minutes.
- Chop scallions and kale. Heat a frying pan. Splash olive oil, sautée kale and scallion for a few minute until they become soft. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Set it on a side.
- Julienne or thread a carrot. Chop a bell pepper.
- Wrap tofu with a paper towel to take moisture out. Cut it into 1/2″ cubes. Heat a frying pan with coconut oil, cook tofu in it until they become lightly brown. Splash 2 Tbsp soy sauce over them.
- Make Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk white miso, rice vinegar, orange juice, hot sesame oil, and grated ginger.
- In a big bowl, mix wild rice and vegetables. Pour the dressing over and mix lightly.
- Put the salad mixture in a bowl and sprinkle cooked tofu over. Serve room temperature or chilled.