A nice cool watery meal on a summer day. This recipe is versatile. You can substitute multigrain noodles with different kinds of noodles like soba noodles, udon noodles, spaghetti, egg noodles, green noodles. You can use many other kinds of leafy vegetables (i.e. lettuce, kale, cabbage, spinach) other than I used here as well.
1 medium carrot
2 cups beans sprouts
1 small cucumber
3 cups chopped bok choy
5 oz multigrain noodles
4 T roasted peanuts
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp tahini
2 T toasted sesame seeds
1 Tbs grated ginger
1 T maple syrup or honey or agave
2 T balsamic vinegar or rice vinegar
1/2 t chile paste or pinch of cayenne pepper or hot sesame oil
1/4 cup water
- Shred carrot. Cut cucumber in matchsticks. Cut bok choy stems in matchsticks, chop the leafy part.
- Cook noodles al dente, cool them under running water.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing well.
- Put noodles and vegetables in a big bowl. Pour the dressing over noodles and vegetables. Mix.
- Divide the noodles-vegetables mix into 2 bowls. Sprinkle peanuts over them.