This carrot soup is quick to make if you have vegetable broth already made. I used a vegetable broth in a bag this time to make this soup. The result was delicious. Sometimes you need to take a short cut.
Ingredients (makes 4 cups):
3/4 lb carrots
1 small potato
1 small yellow onion
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper to taste
- Chop carrots, onion, and potato into big chunks.
- Put everything in a big enough pot. Bring it to boil.
- Let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until everything becomes soft.
- Take the bay leaf out. Let it cool little bit. Blend it until it becomes smooth.
These lovely green toasts will make up the other half of your lunch.
Ingredients (makes 2 toasts):
1/2 ripe avocado
2 slices of your choice of bread
10 grape tomatoes
2-3 tsp lemon juice or lime juice
1 tsp cumin
sea salt and black pepper to taste
a dash of cayenne
- Mash avocado. Mix with all the spices and lemon juice.
- Halve grape tomatoes.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread avocado on the toasts. Sprinkle halved grape tomatoes on top.