My friend made Alice Waters’ Potato Zucchini Pancakes the other day. I followed the same recipe exception of switching eggs to flax seeds, and flour to GF flour mix. Voilà! Equally yummy savory pancakes were made. Easy.
- 2 cups peeled and grated potatoes
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup GF flour mix
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Oil for the pan
- Mix zucchini, potatoes and ½ teaspoon salt. Place in a colander for about 10 minutes. Squeeze out extra water.
- In the meantime cook onions with some oil in a pan until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Set aside.
- Add olive oil, ground flax seeds, flour, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt into zucchini and onion mixture in a big bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Heat some oil in a bigger pan (medium-high heat) and drop the batter in portions. I use a ¼ cup to measure out the pancakes. Flatten the pancakes with a fork.
- Fry until crispy on both sides, flipping them when edges turn brown. I cooked 5 minutes each side.