I visited a friend who lives near Bear Mountain 2 weekends ago. She was making chocolate waffles for her whole family’s a week-long breakfasts, by using a store bought pancake-mix while her 11 hens were laying eggs all day long in the backyard. I no longer eat eggs, but come on! She said it was just so easy and so tasty and asked me to share an easy tasty pancake recipe. Here it is. This is for you, Yuka.
1 3/4 cups gluten free flour mix (here is my mix: 2 millet, 2 teff, 1 rice flour, 1 amaranth, 1 rice flour, 1 arrowroot flour, 1 cornstarch, 1 gluten free oats)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs (2 Tbsp flax seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
4 Tbsp sunflower oil
1 3/4 cups milk (any milk will do)
4 Tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak flaxseeds in water. Let it sit.
- Pour vinegar into milk. Mix all other liquid ingredients into the milk mix as well.
- Mix flour, sugar, B.P., B.S., and salt into a big bowl.
- Put flaxseed egg into the milk mix. Beat it with a whisk until lumps are gone. Pour the liquid mix into the flour bowl. Mix well.
- Lightly grease a waffle maker surface or a frying pan. Heat it at a desired temperature. Cook the batter until it is gone.
*optional: Sprinkle 8-9 chocolate chips per waffle before you close the lid.