I accidentally took this recipe down. So here it is once again fabulous roasted butternut squash recipe. For a vegan Thanksgiving, this is a must dish.
1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds after peeled)
3 cups chopped kale (packed)
2-3 cloves garlic
a handful of parsley
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw walnuts or pecans
1 Tbsp nutritious yeast
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2~3 Tbsp olive oil
- Peel butternut squash. Halve it. Seed it. Chop it in inch cubes. Mince garlic. Mince parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 375 ºF.
- Put butternut squash, garlic, and parsley in a deep large enough pan or baking sheet. Sprinkle olive oil over, and toss with your hands. Cover loosely with foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes until butternut squash is almost done. Test with a folk.
- In a small bowl, mix roughly chopped nuts, nutritious yeast, and salt and pepper. Chop kale.
- Uncover the butternut squash. Pour chopped kale and nuts mixture over. Mix well with a spatula.
- Roast at 350 ºF for another 10 minutes or so until kale is welted.