I needed to make something fast, good and comforting. Then I came up with this idea from someone else’s recipe which was to roast everything and drizzle dressing. I decided to go against roasting. I used only 1 pot. Easy to clean.
1 bunch broccoli
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 cups your choice of uncooked pasta
1/4 bunch parsley (optional)
For Basic Cashew Sauce:
1/4 cup cashews
1 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp nutritious yeast
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp white miso
salt and black pepper to season
1 cup cooking water from cooking pasta/broccoli/cauliflower
For Green Aioli Sauce (this is a really nice alternative sauce, which works great on both cold and hot pasta and cooked vegetables):
Same ingredients from Basic Cashew Sauce, but only 2 Table spoons cooking pasta water
3 oz tofu
1/2 bunch parsley leaves (and you don’t have to mince extra parsley on top)
- Soak cashew in hot water. Cover. Let it sit.
- Divide cauliflower and broccoli into small florets. Remove large stems and leaves.
- Boil enough water in a large pot. Sprinkle 1 Tbs salt.
- Put pasta in the pot. Set a timer. When 4 minutes left to be done, drop cauliflower and broccoli florets in.
- Keep 1 cup cooking water. Drain.
- Drain cashews. Put all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pulse with a hand mixer until smooth. Or you can use a blender. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour sauce over the cooked pasta/cauliflower/broccoli. Gently mix.
- Mince parsley and sprinkle on top. (optional)